Subject: Re: Fog..
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 05:58:19 -0700

> What's the best way to create a ground fog which throws a hazzy mist
> on a scene but only till about 3 feet, then just tapers off? Like for
> example, a graveyard scene where the gravestone tops are just poking up
> above the fog..

It all depends on what your scene is going to be like...

If the camera will remain stationary or only pans around, then this can
be easilyaccomplished with a transparency mapped plane or tube.  

If the camera will be moving then it may be a little more difficult to
accomplish the effect you want...a tube with a grid transparency texture
and a fractal noise diffusity texture with world co-ordinates turned on
should give you pretty decent results.

                                     -David Warner
                                      [email-masked]
                                      http://www.albany.net/~dwarner

 Lightspeed Animation Contest entries must be received by May 3rd, 1996!
                                                          -------------